I spent hours today putting together a collection of photos I took during a recent walk around San Francisco. I added a sentence or two underneath each photo (or pair of photos) and was going to post it as something of a photo journal.
Except, there was a problem.
Some of the photos didn’t appear and some of the text was printed in bold, while some was not.
I decided to try and fix it and hit “edit.” I started by deleting what was printed in the areas where the missing photos were (in the draft), in case I’d made a mistake or some inadvertent technical problem occurred, and put them back in. I did this a few times, but the same photos were missing each time.
Bold text is something I started having problems with a year or two ago, but I learned how to solve it. By looking at a number of old posts which still had bold text, I figured out how to go into the HTML setting in the draft and type something at the beginning and end of each paragraph that would allow the text to be seen in bold lettering. Now, I do this every time I post something. It’s tedious, but worth seeing my posts in bold print. My eyesight isn’t what it used to be so bold type prevents an unnecessary strain on my eyes. I also figured there might be a few people who read my posts that have the same problem.
I carefully checked every paragraph to make sure everything was done properly. There was still text in the post that wasn’t in bold print. I did all of this while checking a “preview”, then thought that perhaps it wasn’t showing up in preview, but would be correct after posting. So I posted it, but it was still incorrect. So, I’m currently unable to post the draft.
About two years ago I started having serious problems writing my essays in WordPress. I struggled with it for a while, then started writing everything in the note section of my iPad. I would then put them into WordPress drafts with copy & paste. I’ve periodically lost a tool in WordPress over the years and know it’s because I don’t pay for the site so I’ve adapted to each change. However, this seems like a bit too much to adapt to. It’s too limiting.
I’m curious to see if this “complaint” will appear online the way it’s put into the draft section.
If it does, the problem might just be in posting assays with photos. Either way I’ll probably stop posting soon on WordPress (I have a few “works in progress”) and look elsewhere for a new blog. They might all be the same, of course, – the “you get what you pay for” syndrome. I’ll see.
I’m curious whether there is anyone who reads my blog that has had the same, or a similar problem, with their blog. I don’t pay for a better quality blog (obviously) and my iPad is old. Both play a part in this, but I’m curious how much is due to the low quality blog and how much is the iPad. I might be able to figure this out if people help by adding comments about similar experiences. I know I don’t have many followers so this might be fruitless, but I’m giving it a try anyway. 😀
Thank you to everyone who reads this and who comments.